The ART Institute was established in 1987 by the American Repertory Theater (ART) as a training ground for the professional American theater. It is a two-year, five-semester training program for young theater professionals, operated in association with the Moscow Art Theater School (MXAT). The wide range of courses given by the international faculty offers students unique preparation for the multi-faceted demands of the professional theater.
- Diane Paulus, ART Artistic Director
- Robert Brustein, ART Founding Director
- Anatoly Smeliansky, Head, MXAT Theatre School
- Scott Zigler, ART Institute Director
- Julia Smeliansky, ART Institute Administrative Director
- Marcus Stern, ART Institute Associate Director
Erika Bailey, Ilya Bocarnicovs, Thomas Derrah, Boyko Dossev, Natalia Fedorova, Tatyana Gassel, Jane Guyer Fujita, David A. Hammond, Stephanie Heroux, Henry Kasdon, Will LeBow, Ryan McKittrick, Diane Paulus, Elaine Smith Purcell, Marin Orlosky Randow, Anatoly Smeliansky, Julia Smeliansky, Marcus Stern, Tommy Thompson, Robert Walsh, Sam Weisman, Sergey Zemtsov, Scott Zigler, Igor Zolotovitsky